Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Internet Video

Something else I stumbled across. I recognized the tune, so I listened and watched and did a little looking around. Song was originally recorded by Michael Jackson in 1988! That might explain why the tune was familiar, it's been kicking around for twenty years. The title was a complete mystery as were the lyrics. Well, they were a mystery if you were expecting any kind of story. What you hear is what you get, that is all there is. I do like this version better than Mr. Jackson's for two reasons. One, the base line is much stronger, and two, the videos on the internet do not do justice to Michael's dancing. It looks like a series of still images. There is no hint of flow from one frame to the next, may as well not watch it at all.

I noticed a couple of other things about this video. One was the scenes of the kids, another was the band leaning in apparent defiance of gravity (something that was in Mr. Jackson's original), and lastly, and most interesting, was the general full daylight party scene, something I don't think I have ever really experienced. Not sure that I would want to either. Probably end up with a sprain or a strain or some other miscellaneous injury that would take me weeks to recover from.


Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal

Okay, that was last night. Tonight I found a much better version of Michael's video, almost ten minutes long.

Update: the video disappeared, so I had dug up another one. Took me a while because nowhere in this post was the name of the song or the artist, so I had to figure that part out first. For future reference, it's Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm.

Update December 2016 replaced missing video and dead link.

No comments: